Things Not to Do in A Foreign Country
10. Get a haircut. Try it just once, but no more.
9. Go out on a date. Shock!
8. Go to the emergency room in a hospital.
7. Make cold calls to people with YOUR last name.
6. Wear your own clothes. (Wear everybody elses clothes.)
5. Discuss politics or religion if you don’t have a PhD in the subjects.
4. Expect to communicate with and understand little children.
3. Gawk at the sunbathers. But, don’t join them, either.
2. Eat anything that comes in a toothpaste tube.
1. Display your camera and/or passport in public.
Safety Tip: If you are traveling in a foreign country, never give the impression that you are lost- even if you are.
Language Tip of the Week: If you are AT A LOSS FOR WORDS, use sign language but, very carefully.
Culture Tip of the Week: When in a foreign land, know that you are a foreigner- and don’t forget it. Enough said.
Creative Expression Tip of the Week: Don’t tell jokes in a foreign country and don’t laugh at them either. End of subject.
Clothing Tip of the Week: Wear what everyone else is wearing in the foreign country you are traveling in. Except for in Amsterdam.
Hygiene Tip of the Week: Shower every day regardless of what they tell you. Besides, looking like a nerd, you don’t need greasy hair, too.
Photography Tip of the Week: Learn the song, “Dance Like No Ones’s Watching”. Exception: Take photographs when no one is watching.
Best Wishes as you travel!
Sandy S. Zoo
Resource Guide: Watch the Best of The Best of Mr. Bean with Rowan Atkinson. Very helpful. Good tips. Guaranteed success.